Vehicle Speed Sensor - Speedometer only works after 10+ minutes of driving (warm?)

I have posted on here before regarding a vehicle speed sensor problem, but now the symptoms have slightly changed. After the original post, I took my car to another mechanic and he said that he couldn't find any obvious problems other than the previous mechanic who installed my VSS did not do it properly/completely. So, the mechanic fixed the VSS installment but did not notice anything else. (He offered to run some voltage drop tests that "might" tell him something - but I decided against this)...so here is my current predicament: my car's speedo [and transmission] now consistently does not work until the car is driven for approximately 10+ minutes...and if say I drive the car for

15 minutes and the speedo starts working and my transmission starts shifting properly then it will stay that way until the car "cools" down - even if I shut off my car for 5 minutes and then I get back in, the speedo will still be working (this seems important to me)....any suggestions on what the problem is? The VSS is new and correctly installed, there were no noticeable wiring problems or dirty connectors...the symptoms make the problem seem like it is temperature related or something?!? Thanks in advance for all of your help.
Reply to
cmoney-law