SpeedoMeter behaves weirdly

Hi All,

I have this problem since four days. My 96 Honda Civic Speedo Meter is behaving weirdly. When I start the car in the Morning it is not working. After couple minutes/miles, it starts working again. I couldn't say when it is working and not working. And it turns to zero again. And after few minutes it starts working again.

I would be glad if someone can help me out with their experience.

Thanks, Ram

Reply to
Ram

"Ram" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Maybe a bad VSS(vehicle speed sensor)?? Or a wiring/connector problem.

Maybe a bad VSS connector problem. IIRC,the VSS is somewhere on the transmission.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I agree with the above. My parents just went through the same issue with their early 90's Acccord. Although the dealer service dept was told that it was an intermittent problem (many times a day), they some how diagnosed it as a bad odometer/instrument cluster. They claimed they never saw a bad VSS before. But since the cruise control would also cut out whenever the speedo dropped out, I assumed it was the VSS. Also, the auto tranny D4 light started to come on/blink. Apparently the transmission couldn't understand why it was in higher gears, but going 0 mph!

Sure enough, replacing the VSS a few weeks later cured all the problems. J.

Reply to
J.

Well, you all have solved my problem too -- my symptoms are identical, and I'm grateful!

If you don't mind, what did the VSS replacement set your parents back?

Thanks, Jerry

Reply to
jerry

Thanks for the messages. I will update with whatever my mechanic says.

- R

Reply to
Ram

I told that to a traffic cop. He still booked me.

Reply to
Jacko