wax residue

ok so i bought this car for cheap, the previous owner waxed it before he sold it and left residue in the lines of the car. i was just wondering if there is a quick and easy was to get rid of this. it has been there for quite a while and i cant even rub it off with my finger now.

thanx mark

Reply to
Markr1001

There is a substance sold as a degreaser/dewaxer. It is used before painting or touchup. It is available at any place that sells auto paints and painting accessories. It will take ALL wax off, so you'd have to wax it again after getting all the old stuff off.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

I've seen "Detailing Dudes" use an old soft tooth brush for this purpose to get the wax from out of areas where the body molding meets the body of the car. It works great and I've used it myself.

Rick

Reply to
rickbenites