Way to mount manual tire changer to garage

I am thinking of getting a manual tire changer. But I dont want to drill holes in my garage floor. Can anyone think og an ingenious way to mount it that does not require drilling into the floor but that would still allow it to work well?

Reply to
stryped1

Maybe a wood or metal platform that is then anchored into a side wall ??

Reply to
Retired

6'x 6'x 3/4" thick steel plate should do it.
Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Here's some reviews on one.

Some anchored it to concrete. One used an old "fence panel." Another used an old pallet. It worked for everybody. I'd probably go with a 4'x4' piece of 3/4" plywood. Screw on a smaller piece to the 4'x4' if you think the lag screws need more depth to hold.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Get a large steel plate, lay out and drill for the mounting holes, countersink on the bottom side of the plate, and use flat head machine screws to mount to the plate?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

building a carport adjacent to the garage and drilling the holes there

Reply to
Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat and Body Roll Bros Suspension

Google,,, tire changer mounted on pickup truck (Esco E Z Way Tire Changer, crab it around like an old fashion can opener)

Reply to
JR