Welding exhaust pipes

I bought a Port-a-torch from Sears and have used it to cut a few exhaust pipes. Now I want to use it for welding. What type of welding rods should I use for car/mini-van exhaust pipe and muffler welding?

Where do I buy them from? Sears folks were confused between Gas Welding rods and electric ones. AutoZone and VIP don't have any rods either.

Thanks for the help. Fred

Reply to
fred