94 Camry Exhaust System

anybody know what's under the metal braid section of the exhaust system pipe forward of the catalytic convertor. I have a leak under there and the rest of the pipe and convertor are just fine.

Reply to
momartins

I believe thats called the Flex Pipe and it is an integral part of the exhaust system It reduces stress to the fixed exhaust pipe from when the engine torques by twisting slightly. The muffler shop can just cut that section out and replace it with another one.

Reply to
badgolferman

Its a length of flexible exhaust pipe. Under the mesh is the similar type of thing you see on the adjustable angle pipe on desk-lamps ie interlocking spiral metal. They will eventially wear-out, especially if your engine moves backand forth a fair amount or just age. A '94 is not a bad run.

Dont know how much Toyota charge for it,..but its not that uncommon,..so an exhaust place should have the stuff to repair yours.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James