What Do You Do When . . .

. . . the cruise control on your 2005 Malibu LS , 3.5V6 cuts out intermittently and does not operate at cabin/outdoor temperatures abvoe 80 degrees, aaannnnd:

The Chevy dealer you bought it from says they can't find anything, physically or via OBDII and cannot duplicate the problem?

I'm at my wits end and would like your opnions about what recourse I have here.

-ChrisCoaster "Superman @ Six Flags New England: It's NOT a ride - it's an EXPERIENCE!"

Reply to
ChrisCoaster

Replace the brake switch. It is the most likely cause and is cheap and easy to do.

Reply to
Woody

GM might suggest you buy a new Chevy...

Reply to
HLS

What sort of chevy? (I will only consider a corvette and only if it's real steal of deal, because well, I really don't like some significant things about corvettes but if the deal was good enough I could live with what I don't like about them since none of it is stop-go-turn related.

Reply to
Brent P

Oh, probably one of their big pickup trucks, or a Yukon, or whatever yields the most profit. They have a large stock of them now, and rebates have been good.

GM were on their way to becoming "replace as a unit" cars, you know ;>)

Reply to
HLS

How about FORD? Fix Or Repair Daily.

I am not knocking American vehicles. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Can you videotape a short drive in the car where you can show that it falls out of cruise control? If you can do that a few times on tape that should be proof enough.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

__________________ That would be a cool idea, along with filming my trip to the dealer ship with a second camera filming them watching the video of the cut- out/non functional cruise control on the first cam, then posting the whole saga on YouTube!

-CC

Reply to
ChrisCoaster

What a whiner. I've been driving for 30 years with no cruise control.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

My 1978 Dodge van and my 1983 Dodge van have cruise control.The cruise control on my 1978 Dodge van doesn't work, it was like that when I bought the van in 1989.I bought my 1983 Dodge van about three weeks ago.I haven't tried out the cruise control to see if it works or not.My cruise control is my right foot. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I would get in contact with the Chevy regional warantee service rep. If you ask, your local dealer *has* to give you his contact information. They may not want to... You may also need to dig deep into GM's website and send some emails to get the #'s. HTH, Ben

Reply to
ben91932