What is the opposite of a Goldilocks zone?

There's a certain thin range of voltage that is bad for BMWs where the instrument cluster goes haywire, and that voltage is in the opposite of the Goldilocks Zone.

That is, instead of it being not too hot and not too cold, which would be a good thing for a Goldilocks Zone... the voltage is just a tad not low enough to cause the car not to start but just low enough to cause the instrument cluster to go haywire.

What would you call that thin sliver of a problematic zone?

Reply to
Tony Cito

The Beemer Triangle?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u k Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU, Scotland mobile 07800 739 557 Twitter: JackCampin

Reply to
Jack Campin

Tony Cito wrote in news:mfufgh$7eb$ snipped-for-privacy@solani.org:

Cold Porridge.

Reply to
Sneaky O. Possum

Are BMWs really that sticky wicket about voltage? Ask me why I don't want a BMW car.

Reply to
JR

Tony Cito:

"Death zone" is the first thing that comes to my mind if we need a zone-based term. In practice I'd be more likely to say "critical voltage" (treating the narrow range as a single voltage) or something like that.

Reply to
Mark Brader

Must be the Bear zone,

Jan

Reply to
J. J. Lodder

My little couch buddy doggy says, Jack and Jill.

Reply to
JR

The Mummy Bear Zone?

Reply to