Wheel identification

I have a FORD slotted (10 slots) 14" steel rim with 4-lugs. I know it's a longshot, but does anyone know what ford vehicle this wheel goes to? Heck, it could be a Mercury, who knows.

I have two of them and need to find 2 more to put on my '61 Mercury Comet. Bryan

Reply to
calabash30

First thing I thought of was a Granada.

Reply to
thenitedude

Escort, Tempo Topaz?

Reply to
golden oldie

I have not seen them all by any means, but I don't recall seeing that wheel on a Ford product. Does it have the Ford logo impression. There should also be some other numbers indicating the width and size. From there, you can go to a Hollanders manual which is used by almost all salvage yards for cross reference. There are severl volumes depending on the year range. If you look around on the WWW, you can find several sources of restoration parts. Many of these provide replacement wheels and have photos for ID in their catalogs.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Granadas were all 5 lug'd

Reply to
Brent P

It doesn't look like a typical 1960s or 1970s ford stamped wheel. Probably something newer. Four lug, so it's from a smaller car, maybe a tempo/topaz or escort. Could be fairmont or other FOX car.

Reply to
Brent P

Possible mid 80's Tbird or cougar

Reply to
Paul

Ford Pinto/Mercury Bobcat had 4 hole wheels, IIRC. Spent most of the '70s selling wheels for everything from boat trailers to 200-ton mine trucks. I think the smaller Chevys used the same 4 x 4.5" pattern, but don't quote me. Too long ago.

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Thomas_nospam

knows.http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/totalrod2/DSC_0013.jpg?t=122451... > I have two of them and need to find 2 more to put on my '61 Mercury > Comet.

That wheel is from the Thunderbird/Cougar style that was used until

1988. In 1989 they went to a five lug.
Reply to
Kruse

Thanks guys. It looks like Kruse hit the nail right on the head. Here's an '85 Thunderbird with that same wheel:

At least I know what to look for now. I'm converting to disc brakes next year, so I need to go with the larger size rims (the '61 Comet originally had 13" wheels). Bryan

Reply to
calabash30

Had a feeling it would be a FOX car of some sort.

Reply to
Brent P