Where can I find a lens cover for my instrument cluster?

I'm having a heck of a time finding a replacement for the clear plastic lens cover that goes over the instrument cluster on my 1998 Chevy Prizm. I've tried the local yards, eBay, and send numerous queries over the internet, all with no luck. At this point I'm wondering if I'm going to have to bit the bullet and just buy a whole 'nother instrument cluster (the used ones always seem to have the lenses on them)? Any help?

Reply to
ijosef

What's wrong with the old one? Can you polish the problems out?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

ijosef wrote in news:274ded5e-e8ca-469c-9b85- snipped-for-privacy@q37g2000vbi.googlegroups.com:

What's wrong with your existing one? If it's just fogging or scratches, Brasso does wonders for those.

Brasso is a metal polish available at any grocery store. The more you rub, the clearer the lens will get. Just keep it away from colored plastic; that stuff is often painted, and Brasso will take the paint off.

Brasso does a wizard job on wristwatch crystals as well.

Reply to
Tegger

Try "Toyota Corolla"

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Hey Tegger, does that work on plastic headlights also? Mine are getting a yellow tint from age (1995) I suspect.

Reply to
genius

It's a long story, but my current one is partially melted.

Reply to
ijosef

genius wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@a39g2000pre.googlegroups.com:

No! Not on headlamps! Headlamp lens fogging is due to a different issue from instrument panel lens fogging.

There are headlamp lens refurbishing kits available at any auto parts place, plus a lot of garages (such as Midas) offer a refurbishing service for about $80 or so.

Reply to
Tegger

It might. But the yellowing is UV damage and it might extend deeper into the plastic than a scratch.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.