windhshield wiper problem

Hey, I own a 1997 Honda Civic and I was having a problem with one of my front windshield wipers. The driver side wiper works perfectly but the passenger side wiper will only come of maybe a quarter of an inch from its resting, horizontal position like its stuck.Every once in a while the wiper might come up a bit further across the window but it never wipes the full range. I don't know how windshield wipers work but I noticed that the screw at the bottom of the drivers side windshield wiper turns along with the wiper but the screw at the bottom of the passenger side windsheild wiper stays stationary. I tried tightening it a bit (by hand) and that did seem to work, but for only a few seconds and the problem started back up again. Would anyone be able to guess what the problem is and (approximately) how much it would cost to fix it? Thanks for any advice!

Julie

Reply to
Jose Luiz

"Jose Luiz" spake unto the slack-jawed masses in news:bqr0a5$265op6$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-77497.news.uni-berlin.de:

Good observation on your part. It's just loose.

Tighten it with a wrench (NOT your fingers), even an adjusteble one. Even a pair of pliers if that's all you've got and don't mind scraping up the coating.

Reply to
Tegger®

your wiper arm is probably stripped down where it bolts on. hopefully, its not the splines on the shaft that are worn :)

Reply to
SoCalMike