Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Joining two gearboxes with in-wheel motor and replacing old hydraulic motor with electric one
The vehicle is large mobile working machine. I am combining two gearboxes with in-wheel motor and at the same time replacing old hydraulic motor with electric one. The electric motor would not fit to...

How to retrain a garage door opener clicker
Do you know the process of getting a garage door opener clicker to work again? I had been using the "Clicker" brand hand held three button garage door opener clicker for years when it recently stopped...
1
1

re: "Google Wallet may be making a return" (and "Why is it so complex
I'm similar to Vanguard in that I rely on the confidence of self reliance; however, we have wives and kids and grandkids, etc., who need that AAA card. Personally, I've found that you can "share" the...
354
354

dashboard lamps B8.5D versus BX8.5D ?
I refer to the twist-in types where you reach behind the instrument and twist the thing in and out (if you have small hands and gymnast body). I believed B8.5D was most common type, with a T5 wedge...
2
2

Cellular signal boosters for your car
Do these cellular amplifiers work when your cellular signal is low? low? Stay connected on the road with a car cell phone signal booster from weBoost. Shop our collection of signal amplifiers and say...

Finally !
Let's build a motor ! I finally got all my parts back from the machine shop today , tomorrow I start to assemble my 305 . Actually it's a 315 now , since it's bored .060" over , but the main thing is...
1
1

Toyota immobilizer key fob
Anyone have experience with the mid 2000's Toyota immobilizer kefobs? Can only the dealer get you a new one? Or can you get them online? Every outfit I called said they'd sell keys and the remote...

Dexron VI ATF and Power Steering Fluid
Recently a visitor was low on power steering fluid which said on the cap "power steering fluid" and all I had on hand was "Dexron VI" (which is my Dexron IV replacement for my car) so I sent them on...
6
6

Shortage of automobiles predicted due to one part from Ukraine
"Many automakers source wire harnesses, which are used in vehicles for electrical power and communication between parts, from Ukraine"...

Why is my heater fan on when the engine is not running?
This new or nearly new Citroen doesn't seem to have a marked Accessory position for the key. What I've been doing to save gas is turning the engine off and turning the key back on but stopping before...
9
9

`red-lining
Is red-lining worse, better, or the same when the engine is driving the wheels as when the wheels are driving the engine? I use the engine to slow down when going down hill, and today, for example, I...
60
60

Carb decision
It kinda looks like I'm not going to find a 600/650cfm carb for my 305 build ... so I'm faced with deciding which of the 2 carburetors I have on hand is going to be the best choice . I have a 750...
2
2

Caster alignment check
You can measure caster with a magnetic bubble gauge. But how do you measure caster in your garage?

Tired of home made alignment turn plates
I'm tired of the greased linoleum slipsliding alignment turn plates. Googling finds lots for sale. All different types. Wide cost range. are the most critical things to look for other than twenty...

Flat tappet cam lube
In particular , for initial break-in . I've been reading up on the proper lubes for initial run-in , and most recommend a lube - and motor oil additive - with a lot of zinc . Others recommend moly for...
4
4