Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Caprice/Monte Carlo HELM Manuals FA
Please visit my auction for HELM Service Manuals. Thanks.

why don't my wheels fall off?
Hello, I just repacked the bearings on my 93 ford ranger since I had to replace the disc brake rotors anyway. One thing really kind of disturbs me. The wheel seems to be held on by only the hand-ish...
14
14

Misfire
Hi i have a 1996 plymouth voyager van 2 wheel drive, it starts ok but when i apply the gas pedal it has a miss and when i am driving and step on the gas it has a miss. I scanned the trouble code which...
3
3

Anti sway bar question
Have 92 E 250 Ford van. Has front sway bar. When going through a dip (water drain on street) at a 45 degree angle, the back of van whips? sways?. Would a rear sway bar make this worst or better? TIA...
4
4

URGENT: Please help => Maintenance Required light came on
While i was driving on highway at constant speed of 70mph suddenly "Maintenance Required" light came on. I stopped the car and shut the engine off and restarted again but still maintenance required...
4
4

bad ECM? 87 GMC 2.5l
Hi group. I have an 87 GMC S15 2.5l. It is running lean. I scanned the data stream and saw some interesting readings. The one that concerns me most is the battery voltage. It is reading 0.0V KOEO and...

Computer Protocols
Could anyone point me to a list of computer engine control protocols and their applications, as I want to get a laptop interface(s) and software for as wide a range of cars as possible. Here is one...
3
3

HELP! '91 Ford E250 No-start: No fuel, pump not running
I also posted this in but then found this NG. Maybe someone can help? Hello all, I just bought my first Ford van (I've always had VW autos) and it's been great. I brought it into my garage to change...
1
1

Monroe shocks for 1999 tahoe?
I am looking at either the Monroe sensa-trac shocks or the Monroe Reflex shocks. They are going on a 1999 tahoe 4dr 4wd. I do corner aggresively with it so I am concerned about body roll. But can it...
3
3

Scales needed
I am looking for a nice set of used electronic scales to weigh cars with. Thanks Dave
1
1

A/C question .. 98 Jeep Cherokee
Our vents are blowing just air. So assuming it was the refrigerant, we went and bought a pressure gauge/refrigerant kit called cool air. Our compressor spins on and off about every 5 seconds or so. So...
2
2

Part No. Question: Radiator Cap
Hi, if I have a part number for a radiator cap, is there any website that I can go to that will tell me all vehicle makes and models this radiator cap will fit? It is a Stant 11227 Thanks for any...
3
3

Toyota Camry 1992 Stalling When Engine is Warmed Up
I have a 1992 Toyota Camry. It has 100,000 miles on it. The timing belt was routinely replaced at 60, 000 miles. At 63,000 miles the distributor cap, rotor and spark plugs were replaced. At 91,000...

1993 F250 5.8L 8600 GVW 4X2
I just bought a 1993 Ford F250 truck, 5.8 L V8 [vin "H"], heavy duty, regular cab, 4X2, long bed, C6 tranny, 8600 GVW, 177,000 miles! (but only paid $1600.00). It has changed hands many times, and the...
2
2

Failed emission test
Have a 1994 Chevy Caprice wagon that just failed the HC emission test .82 allowed and came in at .89. Is there any additive or suggestions on getting it to pass. Has about 133k miles with original cat...
3
3