1990 Celica Sputtering

a few days ago my 1990 Celica struggled to start up and when it it, it sputtered badly. Before this she purred like a kitten. It has 172K miles. Now if I accelerate slowly, it runs ok, but if I give it much gas, it hesitates and kindof studdors. It has about half the getup it had days ago. I changed the plugs and the distributor rotor, checked my wires and connections. It improved slightly, but still hestitates noticeably in every gear and has little getup. Could it be my timing?

Reply to
cbrown09

Did problem start after you changed the plugs and rotor and checked the wires? If so, did you use aftermarket ignition parts? Did you change the distributor cap and ignition wires?

Check for vacuum leaks and for a crack in the intake hose between the air flow meter and intake manifold.

Check your ignition timing - make sure the distributor hasn't twisted.

Reply to
Ray O