High pitch electronic sound happens when pressing brake

This is 2007 Camry 4 cylinders. I can hear a small high pitch electronic sound when I press brake a little heavy in certain speed (might be above 40mhr). It is really annoy since it can distract me in emergency situation when I need to immediately slow down or stop my car. Does it mean that ABS system is activated? Or it is showing any brake problem? It is also not easy to show dealer this problem. :(

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Reply to
david01

If you are hearing a whining sound and can feel a little pulsation or vibration in the brake pedal, it is probably the ABS system activating. If it is the ABS system, it is probably OK.

Reply to
Ray O

I noticed an annoying high pitch whine sound as well in my car at certain speeds, but the noise went away completely when my wife was not in the passenger seat. I also have pointed out to her that when she sits in the passenger seat the "air bag on" light is illuminated continuously. Toyota engineering is almost psychic.

Reply to
user

Get the service writer in your car. (if you can) Then he is pretty much at your mercy... LOL

If not, figure out how to repeat the condition. Something like "strange sound only under very hard braking at speeds over 40 mph" should allow a mechanic to address your concern.

I might suggest that you find a large vacant area were you can safely test your cars brakes without risk or distractions.

Reply to
Danny G.