1993 corolla radio problem

Hi, I have a '93 corolla and a little while back i had the battery replaced, but the radio did not work. The mechanics took a quick look at it and said that the radio was broken, or maybe the fuse blew. It was clearly their fault but they didn't want to do jack shit about it. I didn't have time to make a big case out of it, so it's been their broken for a long time. I don't got too much cash at this point in time, so i was wondering if their was any way to tell if, indeed, the fuse has blown, or if not, instructions on how to replace the radio. Unfortunately, I do not have the manual, so i don't know which fuse is which, so if anyone could tell me that, or gimme the link to the manual that'd be great. I googled it, but only saw websites selling the manual, or selling radio replacement instructions. I don't know too much about cars, but am an obsessed techy, so am always willing to learn. If someone could post the manual or instructions on how to remove the radio, or anything, i'de be really appreciative. If you post a website, please make sure it's one that isn't selling a manual, usually a couple dollars wouldn't matter too much, but i really don't got any cash to throw around. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
zeroedout

Did you have a security code programmed into the radio? Did a red key-shaped icon appear on the radio faceplate somewhere when the vehicle was off? If so, then you need to enter the security code whenever power is interrupted to the radio. If you do not have the security code for a factory radio, a Toyota dealer can clear it for you.

Fuses are easy to check. Look in the fuse box, usually under the driver's side of the dashboard somewhere, look at the fuse box cover for a schematic for which fuses protect which circuits and check to see if the fuse is intact or if the fusible link between the 2 posts is melted. If you have the owner's manual, it will tell you the location of the fuse box. The inside of the cover should also have a couple of spare fuses.

As far as radio removal instructions, go to

Ray O