1995 Landcruiser bearing noise?

After the death of 92 Previa, I purchased a used 95 Landcruiser.

Bought from a Toyota dealer with full history and limited warranty. Has

155,000 miles.

I've noticed a slight whine which only occurs from between 45 to 70 mph and only when under load.

Very quiet when coasting.

Hard to pinpoint location but from the drivers seat, seems like from the front seat area to the back of the vehicle.

No vibration, just annoying whine.

I test drove a 97 landcruiser yesterday for comparison and noticed less of a whine, but definitely a whine from under the vehicle.

Is this a pinion bearing problem or am I just too sensitive to the normal driveline noise from these big trucks?

Reply to
nakayayamot

The location of the sound suggests that the source is the transmission, transfer case/center differential, or driveshaft support bearings (if equipped with a 2-piece driveshaft). Whining sounds are generally caused by either bearings or gears. If the other LandCruiser you test drove also has the same sound, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reply to
Ray O