1992 SV21 camry, vibration noise

when i rev my car i get quit a loud vibration noise comming from the front end.

the vibration only occurs when the car is under a certain amont of load (eg as i drive uphills), gennerally only occurs at around 2100 rpm. sort of sounds like it is associated with the exhust ??

I was just wondering if anyone would have any idea what i should have a closer look at? i have had a couple of mechanics have a look @ it and noone has really been able to find a cause.

thanks Michael

Reply to
Michael

The heat shield which is located around the engine-pipe (exhaust) and disappears under the car going to the cat-convertor, has been responsible for a lot of that type of noise in my '96 4 cyl. It vibrates loudly at about

2800 in any gear or just in neutral (park).

The top clip loses its crush due to the sheet metal deforming. To test for this, just simply tap/ shake the whole shield (when cold) to see if its loose. It can be quietened by reattaching any missing bolts and fitting a hoseclip which closes up better.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Thanks Jason :)