1995 Toyota Tacoma ..electrical problem??

I have a 1995 Toyota Tacoma. It works fine, but sometimes it blows fuses and will not get out of park. But once the fuse is replaced it runs fine for a few days.. or however long it wants. Any suggestions on what can be wrong with it? We dont even know where to start.

Reply to
sicashez

A fuse will blow if there is a high draw or if there is a short. If the fuse for the shift lock solenoid is blowing, I would look for a cut or scrape in the insulation for the shift lock solenoid and other wires on the same circuit. If the there are any aftermarket accessories like a remote starter, audio system, security system, etc. installed, I would check wiring related to those accessories first.

Reply to
Ray O

thanks.. i will try that..

"sicashez" wrote: > I have a 1995 Toyota Tacoma. It works fine, but sometimes it > blows fuses and will not get out of park. But once the fuse is > replaced it runs fine for a few days.. or however long it > wants. Any suggestions on what can be wrong with it? We dont > even know where to start.

Reply to
sicashez