1995 Toyota Tacoma Starter Replacement

I just recently bought a new starter for my 95 tacoma and was wondering if anyone else has had trouble removing it? It has already been a pain trying to get the top bolt out let alone taking the whole thing out. Any help would be appreciated on whats the best solution to replacing it.

Thanks.

Reply to
same

Are the bolts difficult to reach or difficult to turn?

Reply to
Ray O

nah the bolts were just difficult to reach and I was wondering what the best way to reach them would be. Not only that, but the starter itself looks like it would be a pain in the ass to get out of that tight space.

"same" wrote: > I just recently bought a new starter for my 95 tacoma and was > wondering if anyone else has had trouble removing it? It has > already been a pain trying to get the top bolt out let alone > taking the whole thing out. Any help would be appreciated on > whats the best solution to replacing it. > > Thanks.

Reply to
same

Look at the bright side... at least the starter is not in the valley between the banks of a V-engine, underneath the intake manifold!

Reply to
Ray O

I'm of no help, but for your sake I sure hope that top bolt is not as hard to get to as my Supra was. I had to use 2 swivel's and about three feet of extensions to get it out. And that was easy compared to what it took to get that sucker back in.

GL Dan

Reply to
Danny G.