1999 sienna instrument panel lights

I'm not 100% sure which came first but ... battery went dead. Got a jump and drove it home. Replaced battery which appeared to have the same or better "numbers" but was smaller in overall size than the one that died. I did not try to take the new one back and either before or after replacement my wife noticed that some of the interior lighting - I think it started with the those illuminating the heater / A/C controls then it worked its way down to the radio controls went out. The radio lights would oddly flash on occasion but then recently I noticed that the light(s) for the speedometer and gas gauge went out. The only working light(s) are for the temp gauge and tachometer.

What is going on here? I've checked all of the fuses that appear to relate to lighting but they look fine. There was no messing about with wiring underneath or behind the dash so I do not think anything came loose.

I've been tempted to get another battery - this time the correct size, etc. - as this would be the easiest fix but could that be all that is the issue?

Reply to
Kelly