2004 4runner Sport Edition Dash Lights

I bought a 2004 4Runner Sport Edition V6 4wd on Nov. 1, 2003. I really like this truck. Strangly the DashBoard lights (Speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, radio display) are on all the time....is this by design? When I turn on the headlights the dashboard lighting turns on for the climate controls. I asked my dealership and they told me it was because I had daytime running lights. Can anyone confirm that the dash lighting is supposed to be on all the time?

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Christopher P. C.

NO the needles light up only and climate control face not the entire dash cluster with the lights off and of course the radio is always lit on the face C

Reply to
CDEWITT Webtv.net