2000 Solara SLE V6 exhaust manifold is light up, help???

I have a 2000 toyota solara SLE... prlobem happened about a month ago. My car stop near a singal light and can be start but shut off right a way. So tow to a shop and can't find the problem with tested IAC, fule injector, timing belt, thr. body, and those sensor next to it... after a month i took it home and take off the battery and start the car, 1st time won't start but crank 2nd time it start but after warm up about 2 min. the exhaust mainfold light up orange like those home heater??? some people told me was the catalytic converter and some told me to take off the y pipe might tell the problem... thx u

Reply to
townboy

Do not continue to operate the car if the exhaust manifold is glowing orange becuase of the risk of fire or other damage. The problem could be caused by a leak or crack in the exhaust manifold or obstruction in the exhaust system, either in the catylitic converter, muffler, resonater (if equipped with one), exhaust pipe, or tail pipe.

Reply to
Ray O