99 Wrangler - New Manifold?

I have a cracked exhaust manifold on my 99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Ed. (6 cyl.) I have heard this is a common issue. For you Jeep nuts out there, here is my question: If I go with a replacement manifold, what brands should I look for and what web sites seem to have the best prices and service? I have seen the manifolds with the springs on the sides for better flexibility. Any recommendations?

Another option I have heard is to go with an upgrade and add some headers. If I decide to go this route, what is recommended?

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
ccobb

I haven't done business with them yet but I've heard good things and their prices are great.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

I was going to ask the same thing-also, does anyone have experience with the manifolds I keep seeing with the funny expansion brackets welded in? Thanks! At least my '99 sounds MEAN now :)

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Have you checked to see if this is under warranty ? I believe that I have a cracked manifold or bolts and I have a letter from Jeep that has a service bulletin that applies to some old and newer jeeps. It states that I could be reimbersed for work already done to fix the problem.

Regards Bead_runner

Reply to
Bead Runner

Mine cracked, and I was looking at Borla (tried and true, pretty much the usual recommendation etc.). But I found a killer deal on a closeout of Thorley headers, so I went that route. If you opt for a replacement (instead of actual headers), just make sure you get one with the new design (some type of bellows system to allow for better expansion/contraction... probably the 'springs' you mention). As for price, I dunno... I just searched and searched and searched the web until I found the deal on my Thorleys.

Dave

David C. Moller

Reply to
David C. Moller

Thanks for all of the responses, sorry I guess it would have been helpful to know that mine has 72K miles. I had 3y/36K warranty. Haven't contacted Jeep yet. Does anyone know for sure if they will work with you on this problem?

- Chris

Reply to
ccobb

Not under warranty, I have 72K miles

Reply to
ccobb

Try actionsalvage.com Stainless manifold for under 180 Dollars and fits factory 4.0 stock exhaust!!

04 JGC Overland 99 TJ

Bead Runner wrote:

Reply to
Douglas A. Martin

Just had installed the borla header due to cracking exhaust manifold on mine 97 tj. Love it so far. also have there cat-back system on too. Only problem accured was after they were done the check engine light came on and have some error codes. The light is out after a 30 min drive, but have to take it back to get the codes clear off. Hopefully they stay off.

Dan

Reply to
aXeman

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I purchased the manifold you suggested from 1-A Auto and had it put on yesterday. Runs like a champ now!

- Chris

Reply to
ccobb

Reply to