2000 Toyota Sienna

My check engine light came on went off and came back on all in two days. The vehicle has 60,500 original miles. So I took it and had it ran on a Scanner and got the fault codes P1130 A/F Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1 Sensor 1) & P1150 A/F Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 2 Sensor 2). I just think it is kind of strange that both sensors would go out at the same time. I was just wondering if anyone knew what could cause both to appear bad at the same time.

Thanks.

Reply to
Budro

P01130 and P01150 have 2-trip detection logic, which means that the computer will turn on the check engine light if it detects the same problem on 2 consecutive trips, and conversely, it will turn the light off if it does not detect the problem on 2 consecutive trips.

If the vehicle has ever been run out of fuel, that can cause that code.

Other possible causes are an open or short circuit in the air/fuel sensor circuit, bad sensors, or a bad computer. Bad computers are vary rare, so the other causes are more likely.

If any exhaust work has been done lately or if you have an exhaust leak, make sure the sensors are not loose and any exhaust leaks are repaired. If any collision work has been done recently or any electronic accessories have been installed, make sure that the wire harness hasn't been damaged, cut, or wrong wires have been tapped.

After the engine is warmed up, if sensor input at the ECM remains over 3.8 volts or less than 2.8 volts, or remains at 3.3 volts, the light will come on. You have to read voltage with an OBD II scan tool with the capability of reading sensor output from the ECM, and a generic OBD II code scanner may read 1/5 of this voltage.

Reply to
Ray O