2001 Lexus

I have a 2000 Avalon which I am thinking about replacing. It's running fine btw. Anyhow, the dealer I got my Avalon from (endearing motto of "Ugly but Honest") has a 2001 one-owner Lexus with 24,000 miles for $27,000. I'm not familiar with the designations but it's the top one I think. Anyhow, what does everyone think of this price given that the Lexus is in excellent shape? Thanks. jor

Reply to
jor

Have you considered a NEW vehicle? There are dozens of new V6 models on the market that can be had for 27K. If you need to finance the interest rates are at least 2% or 3% less as well than a the rates on used cars. Why buy something the previous owner no longer wanted and you can never know the reason? ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Whether that price is a good deal or not depends on the model, accessories, and condition of the car. In descending order of original MSRP, Lexus sedans are the LS 430, GS 430, GS 300, ES, and IS.

Find out what condition the car is in, and get a list of equipment, then check out web sites like nada.com or edmunds.com to find out its value.

Reply to
Ray O

Umm... Might help if you told us WHICH Lexus.

I have a friend who buys (he's got two so far) mid-90's LS400's for really cheap, like $5k. They are really nice cars for the money.

Reply to
dizzy

Thanks all for the advice. I think it's the LS model. Yea, I know I can get a new car for this money but I was thinking it would be kinda neat to own a Lexus. I'll probably end up with another used Avalon or maybe a new Camry. I've had three Camrys and I know they're good vehicles. The Toyota is really my wife's car. I have 67 and 68 Ford pickups and prefer the old iron and V-8s for my own driving and shade treeing. jor

Reply to
jor