2005 Echo - does it exist

Either those dealers are uninformed, or it is different between the U.S. and Canadian models. The Canadian model comes in three trim levels and costs only a little more than the Echo, and gets about the same gas mileage. The engine is a re-tuned version of the Echo's engine but has about the same amount of power.

Source:

High Tech Misfit

I remember those God-awful "pod" controls for lights and wipers that Pontiac used in some of their cars in the late 80s/early 90s.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

That's what I was thinking, but there's also: I smell Maple Syrup. Oops..not temp guage in the Echo...

And we hated owning a Ford. After YEARS of hitting the center of the steering whell, you now have a car backing out of a driveway, looking the other way ,and you hit the center of the wheel, and...NOTHING!!!

Locking up the brakes in a full sideways skid always got their attention! "Better Idea", huh...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I also miss the tachometer, but I've heard that it's included in the newer models. I have the prototype

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I shift by pushing the gas pedal down further....

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

The 2003 has a tachometer, but I typically shift by ear anyway.

Reply to
kgold