RAV4 buying thru the net, etc.

I'm in the Northeast USA (CT), and looking to buy a 2005 RAV4.

I was wondering if anyone in the CT/Mass/Eastern NY area has been able to buy [either RAV4s in particular, or Toyotas in general] one through any of the "internet purchasing services", such as "AutoByTel", "cars.com", etc.?

I've tried several of these sites, including:

- carsmart.com

- carprices.com

- autoweb

- carsdirect.com .... and - with each service - can get only so far before the site tells me that what I'm looking for (RAV4) "isn't available" in my area, and offers me an alternative brand (i.e., _not_ Toyota).

I'm guessing that none of the Toyota dealers in this area will sign up with such services, probably because they are selling well enough without the need to.

Also, any other "alternative paths" to finding just what you want and getting a decent deal on Toyotas in the CT area, such as auto "brokerages"?

I never liked the hassles and haggles of car buying directly (even though last time I bought, I _did_ manage to nail down a good deal), and if there's a worthwhile alternative, I'm looking to find it.

But again... trying the above sites for an "Internet-arranged" type purchase runs me up against a wall here in CT....

Thanks,

- John

Reply to
John Albert

why don't you want to sit in the car before you buy it?? either way there are going to be hassles, I'd prefer to actually kick the tires once myself. adding a middle man would only seem to add more to the price, No?

Reply to
JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk

There's no need to buy the car sight unseen. You get a phone call back from a dealership with a set price. You place a charge card deposit subject to your driving and visual inspection. Still to be negotiated is the trade in value. If you don't like the price you tell the guy, "no thanks." If it works it can work well.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton