2005 RAV4 Dashboard Squeak

I have a 2005 RAV4 with 6499 miles. Recently, an annoying squeak has developed in the dash, near the center. Has anyone had this problem? I have an appointment to take it to the dealer on Wednesday but would like to have some idea if this is a common problem and what is normally done to resolve it.

Thanks in advance, Ron Munroe Falls, Ohio

Reply to
Ron

Sliderbot

Also check underdash for any badly fitted doors and covers that might be causing the problem. And outside the car check the trim at the bottom of the windshield to see if it is loose. Nothing specific to the RAV but these areas have been annoying problems on Toyota models from pickups to sedans.

Reply to
Art

Could be the defrost duct; there was a TSB for the '01-'02 models. Our '01 had it and now our '05 has the same sound. Not really a squeak, but more of a creak that's more pronounced the colder it is. My wife is looking at a CR-V for the next time around because of this problem (I know, but she's the boss) Steve

Reply to
Steve

Probably TSB #NV01301. The TSB was implemented in my 2002 RAV4 made in December, 2002.

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Sliderbot