Special ordering - 2006 Matrix

Some information for those interested in Toyota special ordering from the factory and how it works.

I special ordered a 2006 Matrix XR 2WD automatic yesterday morning. I put down a $500 deposit.

The stated time for arrival is four to six months, and the dealer sees it in their expected future inventory three to four weeks in advance before the car arrives. Once that happens, my credit card would probably be charged. It is expected that the earliest my credit card will be charged is when the dealership sees the car is on its way three or four weeks in advance of arrival.

Bud H

2006 TOYOTA MATRIX XR 2WD (AUTO)

1912 2WD Sport Matrix Wagon 4-Door (Automatic Transmission)

8P4 Indigo Ink Pearl (exterior color) FB13 Stone (cloth interior)

Z1 Accessory Pkg, Preferred (PIO) SP Extra Value Pkg #1 CK Guard Pkg, All Weather PO Power Pkg AB Braking System, F&R Anti-Lock EF Bumper Protector, Rear (PIO) C1 Cargo Mat (PIO) CF Floor Mats, F&R (PIO) EV Radio, AM/FM Stereo w/6-Disc CD Changer in Dash BE Restraint System, F&R Head Curtain & Front Side Impact Air Bag V5 Security System, VIP RS3200 Plus (PIO) VS Stability Control, Vehicle . Standard & XR 2WD w/Auto Trans AW Wheels, 16" Aluminum RW Wiper, Intermittent Rear Window

ENGINE 4-Cyl, 1.8 Liter TRANSMISSION Automatic TIRES (4) P205/55R16

Reply to
Bud H

Major reasons are (1) no moonroof, and (2) vehicle stability control on this

2WD version. (Of those that have VSC, nearly all are AWD versions)

Also, Toyota only supplies dealers with a limited number of packages. If the packages don't match what you want, you either have to compromise or special order.

In my case, there was one option package (which wasn't normally sent to the Chicago area near me so it would have been tough anyway) which had everything EXCEPT this package included 17" aluminum wheels. Unfortunately, VSC requires 16" wheels, so no go!

Bud H

Reply to
Bud H

All VSC is is a 'lockup' that uses the ABS to stop wheelspin.

I have it in my LHS. I turn it off since it has a tendancy to use the ABS in any slight amount of sand, rain, etc.

And it actually SENT me into a skid one time...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I forgot to mention the reason for no moonroof is because of headroom issues. The 1.7 inches of extra headroom are vital for me (6'3" with long torso).

The VSC in my Highlander has saved my bacon more than once in winter snow the past few years. That is why I was so insistent on having VSC.

Bud H

Reply to
Bud H