2006 Matrix or Scion xA?

It's looking like we're going to buy another car. Economical operating costs (for a student) is a priority. Thinking about a Matrix or a Scion xA. Everything has pros and cons. Your thoughts?

Reply to
ll

Matrix due to size, but my daughter's xa has worked out well. Not much gas difference.

Reply to
Alex

I believe the xA costs less than the Matrix, fuel economy and tire replacement costs should be lower as well.

Reply to
Ray O

The tire thing is something to consider. My Matrix has 16" wheels, making tire costs automatically higher.

There's a definite economy in buying something with 14" or 15" wheels.

Reply to
Sean Elkins

Yup, our Sequoia is going to need new 17" shoes soon :-(

Reply to
Ray O

In the circumstance, ABS is far more important than MPG.

Reply to
FanJet

Actually, in a lot of cases, the 16's and 17's are getting LESS expensive, because they are being made in larger numbers than the 14's and 15's

Reply to
Hachiroku

I hope that's true when it's time to go shopping for tires!

Reply to
Ray O