Gas Mileage and Price on Trip

07 Camry LE Auto

On our recent trip we filled up six times and paid a low of $2.95 (here in Tucson) and a high of $3.45 (turnpike in Oklahoma). For mileage, we got a low of 23.1 mpg after driving pretty hard in almost all mountainous terrain in northern Arizona. We got a high of 32.45 on

80-85 mph freeway driving. Anyhow, this is a lot better than my old Avalon so I'm pretty happy with it.

Regarding the quality of the 07 that someone mentioned in another post, this is my 4th Camry and I haven't noted any quality difference. I see the Camry as a plain vanilla car. It ain't exciting but then again, it won't let you down. I've always figured it would be a good getaway car after robbing a bank - no one would remember what you were driving. jor

Reply to
jor

Sort of like the Ford Taurus in its earliest design years. It earned the nickname "the invisible family car".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The only difference would be if you used it as a bank robbery getaway car....you might get caught with your broken transmission on the side of the road...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Uh oh... are the Camry transmissions known for failure? I haven't seen any posts on that. jor

Reply to
jor

Ford Taurus.....not Camry transmissions....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

The Camry V6 and, the Fusion V6 and the new Taurus V6 use the same Japanese six speed tranny. The only difference is Ford charges its customers $100 less to buy one. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Wrong information Mike. The "new" Taurus (aka Five Hundred) uses a GM/Ford designed 6 speed automatic (as does the Edge). It is correct that the Fusion and Milan use an Aisin-Warner Automatic that is from the same family as the Camry 6 Speed.

See

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White