2008 Jeeps with the new 4.7L engine??

Talking to a Jeep dealer the other day, I picked up the fact that the Jeeps with a 4.7L V8 are on hold for either design or assemply reasons.

Has anyone know what this is all about? I picked up on the news a few months ago that they had started assembly somewhere around mid-summer.

Dave C.

Reply to
Dave C.

This is a Toyota newsgroup. It's for car owners who've decided they no longer want to be boned in the ass by car companies. Isn't there a newsgroup for Jeep owners, complete with banjo music? alt.jeep.deliverance or something like that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Since the OP's question is about the engine in a vehicle, it seems to be closer to on-topic than most of the drivel in this NG ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

A quick search of Automotive News didn't turn up any articles regarding delays for Jeeps with the 4.7L V8. What model Jeep? You may have better luck getting an answer at one of the Jeep newsgroups.

Reply to
Ray O

Is that the Mercesdes engine? Maybe the merger failure is an issue.

Reply to
Art