3.5mm or 4mm vacuum hose?

I'm replacing several of the emission control (SC, HAI, and EGR) vacuuum hoses on my '79 Celica. I bought new 4mm hoses from Autozone, and they do fit, albeit somewhat loosely. Should I be using 3.5mm instead? They are somewhat rare and I'm considering using Silicone 3.5mm's from Hose Teqnique, but I don't want to make a $16.95 mistake and have them be too small.

(I tried the 4mm hose on my Avalon, and that seems somewhat loose also)

Reply to
tom418

P2P Xtasy

"tom418" wrote in news:gokVe.13906$Cc5.12769@lakeread06:

Just use plain old 1/8" hose, available everywhere, and for cheap, too.

AutoZone, Kragen, Pep Boys, NAPA/UAP, CarQuest, you name it.

They've all got 1/8" vacuum hose.

1/8" is 3.2mm. Ya think .3mm is gonna make a difference? that's not even 1/64".
Reply to
TeGGeR®

you ever have a hose that deteriorates at one or both ends only, you can replace just the ends of the hose with Tygon hose (a silicon Dupont product that lasts nearly forever) for a permanent fix. That way you have the best of both worlds, a permanent fix at a bargain basement price.

href="mailto:long_gamma_short snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com">long_gamma_short snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com>

Um, could you stop posting in HTML, please? Thanks.

Reply to
Hachiroku