87 celica GT performance parts n turbos ?

I know someone with a mint 87 celica GT. How hard would it be to find a turbo kit for this car? I know they came with factory turbos. Ive done some internet searches and found nothing more than cold air kits.

A universal turbo kit maker didnt make one for a toy this old.

Any ideas? Im guessing salvage parts may be the only option.

Thanks

Reply to
faust_151

Time to go junkyard diving!

You may find one at a Toyota dealer, but $$$$$

Finding a Celica this vintage that hasn't been crushed is gonna be tough.

Good luck...

Google it...you might find an on-line group that may be able to give you a line on one. I found a Supra group that's been an immense help.

Also, try Toysport.com, but I think they're redoing their site right now...

Reply to
Hachiroku

The factory turbo is a lot more than just a bolt-on. The Celica All-Trac also had all wheel drive, a heavy duty clutch, and an intercooler.

I think a turbo will be hard to find for a car that old.

Reply to
Ray O