92 Corolla Running Lean

I have a 92 Toyota Corolla 4A-FE. I took it for an emissions test and it failed. I installed new: air filter, spark plugs, PCV valve, fuel filter, O2 sensor, ran injector cleaner through it and also did an oil change just before.

I noticed that it was running lean when I changed the plugs. The timing is set to 10* as per the sticker under the hood. I listened to the injectors and they all seemed to be clacking or working. the spark plugs are the same as the ones listed in the manual (NGK).

I am wondering how to fix the Lean problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
WeeTodd

Did it fail because it was running too lean?

How do you know that it was running lean when you changed the plugs?

The

Check the plastic intake tube that runs from the air flow sensor to the intake manifold for cracks or holes.

Reply to
Ray O

you might check/change the temperature sensor. i learned the hard way . good luck, sammm

Reply to
SAMMMMM