97 corrolla is smoking

i have a 97 corolla and it over heated on me and it started to smoke while i was driving it. So i pulled over and it completely shut down on me. So I waited for 10 minutes and it started back up. I had someone look at my car and they said that I need to replace my rediator and the smoking should stop but it didn?t. I was driving the next day and it started to smoking again but not from the radiator but some where eles. Could there be another reason why my car keep smoking?

Reply to
97cor

Is it smoke or is it steam that leaves a sickly-sweet taste in the back of your throat? If it is steam, then there is a coolant leak somewhere, possibly a leaking hose or the head gasket. If it is smoke, then oil may be leaking on an exhaust part. In either case, have the car checked by a competent technician to determine the source. The overheating may have caused damage to the head or head gasket, or it could be something as simple as a bad radiator cap or loose hose.

Reply to
Ray O

Sure - blown head gasket and/or warped head! Do you have any trace of oil in antifreese or is the oil milky (like coffee with cream)? If so sure sign of blown head gasket. Is it white smoke out the exhaust or steam from under the hood?

Reply to
Wolfgang