99 Sienna

Hi all,

I have 1999 Toyota Sienna LE with 96 K miles. When I push the gas pedal to the floor trying to get it to "shift up" and it's like it comes out of gear all together and the engine revs like it's in neutral. However, If I release it when RPM reaches 4 and then push the gas pedal, it shifts easily. I put the car into diagnosis test. The test resulted in "solenoid shift with code number(don't remember the cde right now).

If you help me regarding this problem I'll apreciate.

Reply to
adam

When you depress the throttle pedal to the floor, the transmission usually will downshift, not upshift.

Check the operation of the shift solenoid identified in the code.

Reply to
Ray O