an almost grindlike sound with my ’03 Corolla...

As i was driving to work today i heard a pop, like maybe a bolt came loose or something like that. It was followed by about a 4 second hissing sound. I figured that my tire had blown, but it was not the case. Now i have this grindlike sound that correlates with the revolution of the tire.

I know that it may be hard to diagnose with just a description like that, but i was wondering if anybody has had an similar problems or advice?

Reply to
romanus

I'm guessing that it's a wheel bearing gone bad. This happened to both my father's '04 Corolla and my brother's '05 Corolla. Both were repaired under warranty at the dealer. Fortunately, both cars have been otherwise extremely reliable as expected.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Makes sense. I had a wheel bearing go bad in an '03 very quickly.

Lou

Reply to
Lou