Another hint: Cleaning your insturment cluster

Now I used to use Windex, window cleaner, AmorAll, etc to clean my instrument panel.

However, a few years ago I broke a window in a patio door, and when I went to get it replaced, I was told I couldn't get glass...it had to be Plexiglass (Another example of the state saving us from ourselves, I guess...)

Anyway, the girl said DON'T use Windex, window cleaner, ArmorAll, etc.

Get some Pledge.

So, I did. The 'glass' stays cleaner a lot longer than with glass cleaner!

I spent most of the summer driving the Supra with the top off, and parking it in the parking lot at work (nobody would mess with it there.)

Aside from generating his own BioElectricity, the owner also 'paves' the parking lot with white crushed stone and limestone or something. The stuff is like sandpaper and blows around when there's any breeze at all. I took the Supra out of the garage yesterday, and sprayed the dash with Pledge. I never saw such a clean instrument panel in my life! Beautiful.

Now, according to the girl at the glass place, this should also keep the plastic from scratching and becoming cloudy. I have to admit, on an 18 year old car, the IP looks like it's brand new!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Another Hint from Hachi....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

The stuff belongs next to the WD-40 in my book. It makes thrashed ATV and dirt bike plastic look almost new. Cleans the grout in my kitchen and goes on the ski boat.

The stuff can even make a car's ugly oxidized paint look great in just a few minutes! No kidding. But I doubt it would be protecting the paint long.

Oh and WD-40 is nice as engine starting fluid too.

8) Dan
Reply to
Danny G.

You have discovered the collector car owners secret weapon. Lemon Pledge. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I did the van dash, too, and for all the scratches it had in it, it looks GREAT!

How is it with dust, though? It seems kind of waxy, like it would ATTRACT dust!

I also tried it on a window glass...NICE!!!

Back in the old days, I used to take a real good wax and wax the insides of the windows. They would fog up more readily, but they would also clear faster. And, NO smoke would stick to them (ahem...ANY kind of smoke! ;), and when it fianlly did, it was easier to clean.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I had never heard of this before. But I figured if the girl said to clean the PlexiGlass with it, it must be good for plastic dashes, no?

Reply to
Hachiroku