Automatic transmission fluid level-how to PROPERLY measure it.

Vehicle involved: 1999 Toyota Camry CE V6 automatic transmission

So far I know enough to:

  1. Ensure vehicle has been driven long enough so engine/transmission is at full, operating temperature

  1. Ensure vehicle is level

  2. Move shifter through all gears. Leave engine running.

  1. Remove AT dipstick and wipe, then replace, then remove and observe fluid level on dipstick.

What I DON'T know is whether, at time of measurement, the vehicle should be in PARK or NEUTRAL or either of the two???????? My old Dodge Dart manual insisted on AT level measurement when the vehicle engine was HOT, level, and in NEUTRAL.

Reply to
Sharx35