Automotive related: Who told me about the A1 series?

I saw some A1 racing Saturday night. Cool! The cars look smaller than F1 cars, but similar (it may have been the camera lenses, but they did look stubbier, and the tires were HUGE by comparison!)

What a race! All the cars are the same, so it comes down to preparation, skill and of course, luck to win the race.

just like the IRL whan it first started.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Is A1 the international team F1 style event? With National rather than corporate teams, identical cars, control tyres etc?

I've heard of it, but never seen it. Only the PPV sport channels here in the UK, and I don't watch enough sport to pay for it.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

It's on the Outdoor Life channel here in the States.

Pretty decent racing, Grand Prix type events, good drivers.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'll tell you what movie I just finished that blew my mind: From Dust to Glory. If you're into racing check this flick out. Great documentary on the Baja 1000, gorgeous camera work.

Reply to
qslim

I guess I will have to check the P2P networks, see if anyone captures it and distributes MPGs of it? Stick the season on a couple of DVDs and make a night of it.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2