OK, I feel old now...

Watching the CHAMP car race from Toronto (remember when it was called CART?)

I was at the 2nd running in 1987; met all the drivers, saw the cars, etc (some of you may recall my post last summer about meeting Rick Mears. That was at Toronto, 1987)

They say it's the 20th running today....whooo boy...

I was 30 when I was there...

Reply to
hachiroku

How old are you? I thought you were around 30

Reply to
Josh

Dude, I got two years to FIFTY!

LOL...nice to know at least I'm young at heart! Except for the aches and pains that are beginning to take hold, I FEEL about 25. I guess I think like 25 too... and a lot of my friends are under 30. I think it has to do with being so wrapped up in Jap cars; there are a few people my age that like screwing with older Toys, but most of the guys I know into tuning Rice are in their mid 20's. Everybody else (my age) are into '70's muscle or Hot Rods.

But then again, I always was a bit more 'progressive' than people my age...

Reply to
hachiroku

That's cool dude, I had no clue you were that old! Good thing, you sound like you are staying young, keep it up.

Reply to
Josh

We are *not* old! You take that back!

Natalie, 47, refusing to grow up

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Whereas the rest of us thought he was 11

Natalie, dead woman walking

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Now, wait just a chicken pickin' minute - you think 50 is 'old', you whippersnapper?!

Take *that*!

Natalie, fwapping Josh with her cane

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

LOL; Likewise, but I got a year on you!

Reply to
hachiroku

Nah, 17. You can't drive at 11!

Reply to
hachiroku

Except when I come home for supper and fall asleep in the chair watching the news! (about once a month!)

Reply to
hachiroku

A whole year - I feel so much better now

:-P

Natalie, looking for the Geritol

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Oh yeah? Tell that to rural New Hampshire...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

True, true.

But I was teaching my daughter to drive at 12.

Reply to
hachiroku

Hey. I was born between German and Japanese surrenders at the end of WWII. I was feeling old until I met a guy who talked about getting wounded in the same war. Everything is relative.

Pat

Reply to
Greywolf

And I got a year on Hachiroku!

Ray, relaxing after an oil change/brake check on the LS

Reply to
Ray O

Forgot where you put it? Ah well, old age does do that...

-LMB

Reply to
Louis M. Brown

My goodness one of my cars is seventeen years older than you. LOL

mike hunt

"Wickeddoll®" wrote:

Reply to
DustyRhoades

Time to trade in the Model T, Mike =P

Reply to
Josh

Yeah, but it hurts a bit when some young adult tells me they were born long after I graduated high school...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

*heating up the penis denuding fork*