Avilibility and price on PRIUS?

OOPs... anyone got a handle on the availability and the price on a Toyota Prius?...thanks

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Very little...

A LOT!

Dealers have few of these so the ADMU is astronomical. Surprisingly, I had one of these w/10,000 miles for $10,000; two people looked at it and both said they wanted a 'new' one. I don't get it; a car that is so hot they can't keep them on the lot, and I had one 3 years old @ 3500 miles per year and it just sat there...

Reply to
hachiroku

They are sitting on dealer lots at MSRP in the Quad Cities. The local yokels don't know what to make of them so there they sit. Of course you can't find one here in Chicago...

[This followup was posted to alt.autos.toyota and a c>
Reply to
Repo Man

"Repo Man" wrote: > They are sitting on dealer lots at MSRP in the Quad Cities. > The local > yokels don't know what to make of them so there they sit. Of > course you > can't find one here in Chicago... > > > [This followup was posted to alt.autos.toyota and a copy was > sent to the > cited author.] > > In article , > snipped-for-privacy@islandtelecom.com says... > > > > -- > > > > -Gord. > > (use gordon in email) > >

Am a local yokel I guess.... please tell me what the quad cities are... ty

Reply to
Needwheels

A friends husband just got one in Sacramento - it was several thousand over MSRP and was about a 10 week wait. He got it that quick (?) she said because someone didn't like the color (red) and refused theirs..

Ron

Reply to
ron

Ok...a friend and I took one out for a run today...the sticker said $30,800 cdn (MSRP) and claimed 67 MPG (imp) and there's a 3 months wait. Also there's a gov't kickback of $3,000...Really a different little machine...We were impressed...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Gord... availability varies dealer to dealer. Some dealers have extremely long waiting lists, though they sometimes do sell their Priuses to the highest bidder.

The starting MSRP is $20,975, but you need to add one of 6 packages, which go from $650 to $5065. Also, you have to add a delivery fee, tax and any accessories the dealer might have as "standard". Unfortunately, these cars are in such high demand that you won't be able to haggle a lower price.

Overall, what I would recommend is looking for a dealer in a small city somewhere... they sometimes don't have waiting lists and will sell the car to the first person who asks for it. Try going to the dealer locator on the Toyota site and starting calling.

Good luck!

Reply to
ggal

Thanks ggal...I guess they're almost the same price here then and I was told by a reliable dealer (my daughter-in-law's brother) that the waiting list is 3 months...I like them!

Reply to
Gord Beaman

The Quad Cities are Rock Island, Moline, Bettendorf, and Davenport. They can be found on good maps everywhere.

[This followup was posted to alt.autos.toyota and a c> "Repo Man" wrote:
Reply to
Repo Man

I work at a Toyota Dealershp in Houston, TX and we have several on the lot. We are selling the Prius at MSRP. I can get one ordered abd have it delivered in 6 to 8 week.

Reply to
House Arrest

What is the usual ordering lead time in the US? In the UK AFAIK it is currently around 12 weeks.

BTW, which model (and year)?

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

uk is just under 6 weeks for the t3 (my friend just got one on my prompting !) the uk price in pounds is the same as the dollar price! Why? In the uk they are massively overpriced.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I checked with a dealer here in Canada...MSRP and 3 weeks he said...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Local UK dealer quotes 12 weeks for T4. And those prices: well, if they really _are_ swapping the dollar sign for a pound sign, that does smell. Roughly GBP 18K for a T4: 34.38 kilobucks, at today's exchange rate.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

Gord Beaman wrote: SNIP

Reply to
Gord Beaman

snipped-for-privacy@deltrak.demon.co.uk (Andrew Stephenson) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@deltrak.demon.co.uk:

We are getting at least 3 to 4 Prius models a week. Mostly Package #3, #5 and #6.

Reply to
House Arrest

Translation? I only know "T3", "T4" and such, so it may be those "packages" are not UK marketing terms. OTOH, I suppose it hardly matters what you call them. I am unlikely to be dropping by at a

*.tx.us sales forecourt any day soon. Just curious.

It's good to know you are moving that many, even if all it hints at is an interest in lowered fuel bills. My local dealer admits to selling a dozen a year so far, into a potential customer base I estimate sits around 200,000 (Norwich + environs).

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson