Best vintage Toyota (except 200GT)

What would be a good choice of a Toyota well worth restoring and owning?

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

I would try to find a Toyopet. Horrible little car, but rare.

Of course, I would also go for an early-model Celica, Supra, HiLux, Corona MKII, an early SR-5, or a Crown.

Good luck

Reply to
Hachiroku

1960's vintage FJ 40 Land Cruisers, 1st generation Celicas and MR2's.
Reply to
Ray O

I believe the problem you will have is in finding one. I am a collector and I attend old car show all over the county. Old Japanese cars, even ones from the seventies, are as rare as hens teeth. One may see a 'Z' or RX7 on occasion, from the eighties but that is about it. My sense is that the availably and price of parts as well as rust are the reasons most of the older Japanese cars got scrapped. If you are going to invest a lot of many, and everybody that owns an old car needs to do just that, look for one the sporty body styles. The most valuable of the collector cars are convertibles and such. There are train loads of old domestic sedan at old car show but the ones that win all of the accolades are the convertibles and hardtop sporty types. The newest thing in collator vehicles are trucks, because they are less complicated and thus cheaper and easier to restore. Perhaps you might find a Japanese truck, from outside the rust belt, as an alternative. Being a collector, like owning a motorcycle, lets you meet a whole bunch of new like minded friends, go for it.

mike hunt

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yeah, I forgot about the FJs. Even the FJ60 will get a decent price.

Reply to
Hachiroku