Camry Hybrid

In case people are thinking about one, without trying we are getting over 37 mpg on ours. According to a recent newspaper article, pay back on the hybrid model is 1.8 years.

The only issue is an annoying faint grinding sound coming out of the central dashboard vent when HVAC is blowing thru it. Initially dealer claimed he could not duplicate but I went down there and suddenly he could hear it. The normal "we will remove the top of the dash and add some pads to the clips" did not help so now they have ordered a new piece for the top of the dash.

Otherwise a very nice car. But don't buy the navigation system. Our Magellen 1200 is easier to use and more accurate than the one built into the Camry.

Reply to
Art

Is that 37 mpg with rough acceleration from stop and about 20 miles above the posted highway speed limit? Your Camry has the CVT and I don't think you have the same issue of transmission hesitation found on the 4 cyl or the flaring on the V6s, or do you?

Reply to
EdV

I have a 2008 Camry Hybrid. It averages 36 to 37 mpg per tank. In very hot or very cold weather the mileage is a couple MPG lower. My first long trip on the highway was 1500 miles and I got

36 mpg at 70 mph. City driving is where it gets the best mileage though. My eco meter shows over 40 mpg by the end of most city driving trips.

I would be interested to know if anyone knows what the best speeds are for efficiency on this car. Its difficult to tell since the shift points are not so obvious.

I bought my car a few months ago and I actually got a $750 rebate on it. My dealer told me they now have a 6 month wait list.

Reply to
sales

I have a 2008 Camry Hybrid. It averages 36 to 37 mpg per tank. In very hot or very cold weather the mileage is a couple MPG lower. My first long trip on the highway was 1500 miles and I got

36 mpg at 70 mph. City driving is where it gets the best mileage though. My eco meter shows over 40 mpg by the end of most city driving trips.

I would be interested to know if anyone knows what the best speeds are for efficiency on this car. Its difficult to tell since the shift points are not so obvious.

I bought my car a few months ago and I actually got a $750 rebate on it. My dealer told me they now have a 6 month wait list.

Reply to
Bob H