Can't turn off 99 Corolla headlights with ignition switch

I have a 1999 Corolla with 150k miles. The DRL quit working many years ago, so I turn the lights on and off with the normal light switch. Now the headlights will not turn off with the headlight switch at night when I switch off the ignition. I replaced the headlight relay without effect. The only way to turn off the lights at night is to remove the headlight relay from the fuze block. I have a small baby and this is a pain to do at night, particularly when it is raining. Advice please.

Reply to
henry Smith

I believe that there is a bulletin for 2003 Corollas with this condition that involves replacement of the combination light switch, although I do not know whether this applies to 1999 Corollas.

One possibility is that the relay is sticking - see if there is another relay with the same part number in the fuse block and see if swapping them cures the problem. If not, then it will have to be diagnosed by a competent technician with access to the electrical wiring diagram.

Reply to
Ray O