Celica GT (2004) Question regarding drainage holes

When it rains, and the water enters the air vent area, under the windshield wipers,

  1. Where does the water go?
  2. There are drainage holes---how BIG are they?

Ned

Reply to
Ned Merrill

The water drains to the ground.

Big enough for the water to get out. Seriously, the drains are probably the same size as the drains for a sunroof, which is a little larger than a vacuum hose.

Reply to
Ray O

But since they are hidden, there is no way to know, right?

Do you know their location, the path the water travels?

Reply to
Ned Merrill

Know what? Whether the drains are big enough for the water to get out or are the same size as sunroof drains? The drains are big enough for the water to get out because you don't have water pouring out of the interior floor vents.

I've never looked inside the cowl, but I'd guess that the water drains by the trailing edge of the front fenders and any water that gets into the fresh air intake goes out the condenser drain.

Why are you asking? If you hear water sloshing around behind the dashboard on the passenger side or have damp carpets on the passenger footwell, the condenser drain is plugged or not routed through the floor pan.

Reply to
Ray O

I am concerned about leaves and debris clogging the holes, preventing water from draining.

Reply to
Ned Merrill

I do not think you have much to worry about. As a district service manager, I never heard of any complaints from leaves and debris from the cowl keeping water from draining.

I once saw mud clog the drain from underneath the car because someone went mudding with their passenger car, the fix is to poke a clothes hanger wire through the drain; and I've seen the drain pinched or knocked out of the drain hole when people install aftermarket audio equipment or security equipment so water pools in the evaporator or drips on to the passenger side carpet.

In the future, it would be kinder to the people you are asking the questions of if you gave the reason you are asking the question. It will increase the likelihood that you will get a response that is relevant and addresses our concerns.

Reply to
Ray O

Ray, I did tell you the reason:

Ned

Reply to
Ned Merrill

Ned,

When I mentioned that it would be kinder to give the reason, I meant when you are asking the question in your original post. I did note your response to my question ;-)

Reply to
Ray O