Celica Reversing Beep

And so now you're blaming a little beeper for your deficient driving? Funny how the blame game works, and how you're using it to your advantage. If it hadn't been the beeper distracting you, it would have been a black cat crossing the driveway that made you scrape your bumper. You begin to sound like a small child who tells his mother "You made me do it!" Take responsibility for your actions, it wasn't the car that scraped its bumper, it was you.

Reply to
mack

I don't know about your model, but check the fuse box for a related fuse. You never know, that cured the annoying "key in ignition with door open" chime.

Cheers

Hammo

Reply to
Hammo

The 5 speeds that I have encountered have always been this way:

1 3 5 2 4 R This is the way in my Jeep that I have right now, and on a few others today that I can think of. I would think the best place would be to the right of the higher gears with a lockout.

The Prius has the annoying reverse beep that is for only inside the car. We decided to leave it on for at least a while until we were sure we had the patterns engrained into our little minds (there is a disable sequence). After 5000 miles we pretty much do not even hear it anymore. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

In the US, the 5-speed manual has a pattern of:

1 3 5 2 4 R

So, the addition of the 6th speed has forced a relocation of the reverse gear, much to our chagrin.

Reply to
Viperkiller