S80 Phone

I have recently purchased a 2003 S80 T-6 with a phone built into the dash. I'd like to connect service to the phone, but my cell phone company says that they need the Electronic Serial Number for the phone. Does anyone know where to find this number? The dealership won't even call me back.

Norton

Reply to
Norton

I don't know specific details, but it sounds like they want the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number, it is a unique 15-digit code used to identify an individual GSM mobile telephone to a GSM network.

I would have thought there would be a label on the phone somewhere.

On a standard cell phone, say a Nokia you type *#06# and then IMEI is displayed on screen.

You could try an internet search your model of phone and the words IMEI

Steve.

Reply to
Steve Rodgers

Should be in the car handbook, all the phone functions are detailed. I can check mine tomorrow, have a S60 with the same phone.

Graham

Reply to
Graham Tavener

Perhaps you should try driving down to the dealership and parking in front of their door so that no one can get in or out until someone pays attention to you. There's simply no excuse for them being so rude as to not return your calls.

Reply to
PButler111

Norton, p195 of the manual. Press *#06# to display the IMEI.

Reply to
Graham Tavener

Should just be able to put your SIM card in and it works..

Gazza..

Reply to
Gazza